Physical event of the CSSC11 & SiMat4 workshop will take place on April 20-22, 2022!
Special issue of CSSC11&SiMat4 in Journal of Crystal Growth
Dear authors, dear colleagues
A remarkable feature of the CSSC-11 & SiMat-4 workshop is the direct interaction and discussion among the participants.
COVID-19 has dramatically affected our conference. Our aim is to maintain such characteristics as usual, however also after the EUPVSEC 2021 went online we had to consider other options.
Together with the Advisory Committee of both CSSC and SiMat, we decided to postpone the workshop to April 2022 in order to have a physical meeting.
The already submitted abstracts are offered the option to:
1. Transfer the abstract to the 2022 Edition of the event (with the possibility to update the content);
2. Be selected for a video presentation to be hosted at the conference.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this change is causing and we are looking forward to seeing you in person in Lisbon.
João Serra and Gianluca Coletti.
This year and for the second time, we offer the participants of the CSSC and SiMat workshops a joint and unique virtual event hosted by the University of Lisbon in Portugal. The CSSC workshop focuses on the silicon material and the substrate with strong attention on crystallization. The SiMat workshop focuses on the connection between silicon materials and cell and module technologies. Combining the two workshops will create a fantastic opportunity to exchange knowledge and insights between industrial and scientific participants from the two communities. The program will include invited and contributed oral and poster presentations in addition to open forum discussions on selected topics.
Welcome to an unique silicon for photovoltaics event!
Topics to be covered by the workshop will be
• Fundamental materials science related to crystalline silicon solar cells
• Silicon feedstock technologies
• Crystallization of multicrystalline, quasi-mono, monocrystalline silicon
• Advanced wire sawing and emerging kerfless technologies
• Novel materials and processing for advanced cell architecture
• Impact of silicon material to the performance of cell, module and PV system
• Degradation phenomena related to silicon materials on cell and module performance (e.g. LID, LeTID, PID, hotspot, etc.)
In the past, CSSC was held in Sendai, Japan (2006), Xiamen, China (2007), Trondheim, Norway (2009), Taipei, Taiwan (2010), Boston, USA (2011), Aix-les-Bains, France (2012), Fukuoka, Japan (2013), Bamberg, Germany (2015), Tempe, USA (2016) and Sendai (2018). SiMat was held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2008), Rome, Italy (2013), Tempe, USA (2016).
|Abstract submission deadline: to be announced
|Notification of Acceptance: to be announced
Notification of selection for SolMat or Journal of Crystal Growth: to be announced
|Start of Registration: to be announced|
|Early Bird Registration until: to be announced|
|Conference date: April 20-22, 2022
CSSC-11 and Simat-4 provide an excellent opportunity to enhance business relationships with R&D and colleagues all over the world.
For sponsoring the conference, please see the sponsor package
We look forward to working with you.
For further information please contact: CSSC11@fc.ul.pt